RE-OPENING 1st JUNE
RE-OPENING 1st JUNE 2020
Following strict guidelines issued by the government we are looking forward to welcoming you into the clinic again from Monday 1st June 2020, with a few changes and additional measures in place.
Starting With Physiotherapy & Podiatry
Being a multi discipline healthcare clinic, we will be rolling out our services starting with physiotherapy and podiatry as face to face appointments involve some close contact, there are considerations we have to address and consider.
As it currently stands, lockdown restrictions have been eased and NOT lifted and therefore, we must continue to follow the guidance issued.
Following the latest guidance, we will continue to offer an online physiotherapy service as a preferred alternative to face to face. Any patients making a booking have to be assessed online first to identify clinical need and decide whether a face to face appointment is appropriate. We can provide face to face appointments for you, if the problem will deteriorate without physical treatment and will need hospital care or they will be unable to return to work.
Our priority is to keep you as safe as possible, and in order to re-open the clinic for face to face services, we have implemented a number of measures following a thorough risk assessment.
- Prior to booking any face to face consultations, we will conduct an online assessment to identify your clinical need. We must assess whether you have significant pain or an urgent clinical need that justifies attending for a face to face consultation, in line with the latest guidelines issued by the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy and work
- During this assessment we will diagnose your condition or injury, through a series of questions and tests, advise on the most appropriate advice and care and prescribe a personalised exercise programme.
- Following the latest guidance, wherever possible, we will continue with online appointments as a preferred alternative to face to face.
- Should it be agreed face to face care is the preferred route, we will ensure that you understand:
- The potential nature of close patient contact during our services
- The level of PPE that a clinician will be required to wear
- The infection prevention and control measures that must be taken
- You will be read a ‘Risks statement’ which we will confirm you understand and agree to.
- Given the guidance on shielding, those classified as ‘clinically extremely vulnerable’ will be discouraged from face to face appointments during the period of shielding.
- As part of the assessment, we will ask you a series of screening questions in relation to COVID-19.
- If you are attending for a face to face appointment, we will send you an online screening form which it is essential for you to complete online before your appointment.
- We will take your temperature on entry to the clinic as part of our screening, using a thermal thermometer.
- All correspondence, invoices, exercises and receipts will be sent via email, so please ensure we have your correct email address and monitor your spam folder. We are unable to provide any paper documents, receipts or information.
- You will find physical reminders of social distancing throughout the clinic, including a Perspex reception barrier, and posters.
- All magazines, printed material and soft furnishings (including pillows and towels) have been removed.
- We will be minimising the use of equipment wherever possible.
- The WCs will be out of use for visitors, except in a emergency.
Limitation of Clinic
- Based on the size and layout of the clinic premises, we will be limiting the number of Clinicians working at any one time to facilitate social distancing.
- Appointments will be staggered to facilitate social distancing.
- We request that you do not bring anyone with you to your appointment. If you wish to bring someone with you, they will have to go into the treatment room with you and will have to complete a COVID-19 screening questions and to record their contact details should we require them in the future as part of track and trace.
- Children under 16 will need to be accompanied by a parent/guardian (in line with our Child Protection Policy), who will also need to answer COVID-19 screening questions.
- Please do not arrive early for your appointment to minimise the risk of contact with other patients. We ask that if you come by car, please wait in your car until your booked appointment time. At your appointment time, please enter the clinic where you will be greeted by the person at reception, who will ask you to use the hand sanitiser and take you temperature using a thermal thermometer.
- Whilst in the clinic, please observe social distancing, by keeping at least 2m from anyone (unless receiving clinical treatment).
Booking and payments
- To reduce face to face contact with non-clinical staff, you will be asked to make any follow up appointments with your Clinician whilst still in the clinic room or online. No bookings will be made at reception.
- After your appointment, you will be sent an email with a link to make a bank transfer or use our card machine.
- We will be unable to accept cash payments.
- We have put in place increased cleaning measures for all communal and clinical areas. The clinic rooms will be cleaned thoroughly in between every patient, and additional time has been scheduled to allow for this.
- All communal and high contact areas will be cleaned frequently.
- Please do not wear your own gloves into the clinic, as this poses a potential risk.
- Please use hand sanitiser when you enter the clinic.
- Please refrain from touching anything whilst you are in the clinic.
- Our team understand the importance of hand hygiene and will ensure that they wash their hands in according with COVID Secure guidelines before and after any ‘hands on’ interaction.
We have carried out a risk assessment on all the services that we offer and we are confident that we can continue to provide these safely. We will be offering selected, essential services initially and will review what we offer on an ongoing basis subject to Government recommendations.
Our aim is to make any interactions as safe, and stress free. If you have any concerns about the services please let us know and we will do what we can to satisfy you. If you have any preferences regarding social distancing and ‘hands on’ treatments, please advise your Clinician so that these can be respected.
Welcome to our Blog, we at DDB Physiotherapy Clinic like to keep individuals informed about new and exciting things that are happening within the world of Private Healthcare and any new development within DDB Physiotherapy Clinic.