Sports Therapy Gosport & Fareham
Sports Therapy is involved with the prevention of injury and rehabilitation of the patients and coaching them back to optimum levels of functional, occupational and sports specific fitness, regardless of age and ability. It utilises the priniciple of sport and exercise sciences incorporating physiological and pathological processes to prepare the participant for training, competition and where necessary work.
Common Sporting Injuries
- Lateral ankle sprain/strain (most common sport injury).
- Muscle tears/ruptures.
- Tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis).
- Golfer’s elbow (Medial epicondylitis).
- ACL tear/rupture.
- MCL or LCL tear/rupture
An initial assessment is carried out, to ascertain the following:
- What it is?
- How it Happened?
- What is it preventing you from doing?
- Is there anything else you want to be able to do?
- What are your expectations?
From this, a specific rehabilitation and exercise plan will be devised and centred around the injury sustained, sporting activity and individual needs.